I am so happy July is over. It's so HOT here. The sooner we pass through the hotter months, the better. Last month I found myself reaching for the same products over and again. I did get into a make up routine which was great for the times I was on the go and couldn't dedicate a lot of time to getting ready.
2. NARS blush in Desire - This blush is my new favorite blush of all time. I bought it during the Nordstrom spring trend show and have already carved a little dent in it through so much use. It's bright, happy, fun, and packs a punch. It gives me a flushed and youthful appearance.
3. Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hour wear eyeshadow in Champagne Toast - I've already declared my love for Milani Shadow Eyez shadows. They are super pigmented, do well alone or as a base, and they do not crease or transfer.
4. MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Summer Haze - this eyeshadow is perfection. It's not too frosty/shimmery or too light/dark. I can use the lighter color as an inner corner highlight, the darker color as a crease color, and mix the two for an all over lid color. Over Milani Shadow Eyez it adds depth and dimension.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart - I love the minty scent, the build-able deposit of color, the lasting power, and the moisturizing properties. I like not having to separately moisturize my lips. I love not having to touch up after a meal. Revlon is just kicking butt when it comes to lip products. They rival higher end brands in quality and selection.
6. Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder in 140 Muscade - I use this as my setting powder. It isn't chalky at all. It gives a light coverage to even out any imperfections that the BB cream may not have corrected. It warms up my face and gives me a silken finish without looking dewy. Since I have oily skin I try not to go for the dewy look, because I know as the oils in my face breakdown the make up, the dewy look will come naturally. The only thing I don't like about the product is the applicator. The puff is absolutely useless. I set with a big brush and touch up using the sponge puffs they sell at MAC. I find that deposits more powder when I touch up and helps keep the oil at bay.
I liked doing this monthly favorites post. I'll likely write a non-makeup beauty favorites next. :)
What have you been loving this month?