July makeup favorites

Sunday, August 5

I am so happy July is over. It's so HOT here.  The sooner we pass through the hotter months, the better.  Last month I found myself reaching for the same products over and again. I did get into a make up routine which was great for the times I was on the go and couldn't dedicate a lot of time to getting ready.

1. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Medium Sheer Tint - Talk about easy application! I can apply this with my hands or a brush and get light, even coverage. It didn't last the entire day, but I can prolong the wear with a primer.  I don't use setting spray [I'm waiting for Skindinavia to appear on Hautelook again] but I'm sure if I did I could extend the wear by another 3 hours or so.

2. NARS blush in Desire - This blush is my new favorite blush of all time. I bought it during the Nordstrom spring trend show and have already carved a little dent in it through so much use.  It's bright, happy, fun, and packs a punch. It gives me a flushed and youthful appearance.

3. Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hour wear eyeshadow in Champagne Toast - I've already declared my love for Milani Shadow Eyez shadows. They are super pigmented, do well alone or as a base, and they do not crease or transfer.

4. MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Summer Haze - this eyeshadow is perfection.  It's not too frosty/shimmery or too light/dark.  I can use the lighter color as an inner corner highlight, the darker color as a crease color, and mix the two for an all over lid color.  Over Milani Shadow Eyez it adds depth and dimension.

5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart - I love the minty scent, the build-able deposit of color, the lasting power, and the moisturizing properties. I like not having to separately moisturize my lips. I love not having to touch up after a meal. Revlon is just kicking butt when it comes to lip products.  They rival higher end brands in quality and selection.

6. Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder in 140 Muscade - I use this as my setting powder. It isn't chalky at all. It gives a light coverage to even out any imperfections that the BB cream may not have corrected.  It warms up my face and gives me a silken finish without looking dewy. Since I have oily skin I try not to go for the dewy look, because I know as the oils in my face breakdown the make up, the dewy look will come naturally.  The only thing I don't like about the product is the applicator.  The puff is absolutely useless. I set with a big brush and touch up using the sponge puffs they sell at MAC. I find that deposits more powder when I touch up and helps keep the oil at bay.

I liked doing this monthly favorites post. I'll likely write a non-makeup beauty favorites next. :)

What have you been loving this month?