July beauty favorites

Monday, August 6

I have many face and body products that I rotate often.  No single item seems to keep my attention for a prolonged peridod.  In July however, there were a few I noticed I was using more than others.

 1. Clark's Botanicals Intense Radiance Mask - At $72, I only have a sample of this that I received from my Birchbox.  It works so well that I am seriously considering purchasing the full size product.  From the Clark's Botanicals website: "This clarifying white-clay mask helps revitalize tired skin. It delivers an instantly brighter-looking complexion that's visibly smoother and more luminous. For problematic, combination and aging skin."  Does it live up to the claims? Yes, yes it does.  It's not a heavy mask, which I like.  It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy.  When I remove it my skin feels refreshed, my skin is noticeably brighter, and it is left soft and supple.   My skin feels purified and renewed.  The light scent reminds me of a subtle feminine floral tea. It's not overpowering and lends to the feeling that you're really pampering yourself.

2. Versace Bright Crystal - I cannot describe scents, so I'll let the description do the talking. "Inspired by a mixture of Donatella Versace's favorite floral fragrances, Bright Crystal is a fresh, sensual blend of refreshing chilled yuzu and pomegranate mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with musk and amber.  Notes: iced accord, yuzu, pomegranate, peony, magnolia, lotus flower, acajou, vegetal amber, musk. Style: Sheer. Sensual. Luminous."

This is a very girlie scent.  If you like woodsy or warm scents, this is not for you.  It feels like sunshine on your face.  The scent is airy once it's had a chance to settle on your skin.  I pick up the magnolia and lotus flower the most.

3. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - I'll admit, I expected this to smell nutty, or woodsy but it's not like that at all.  It smells so feminine; it's light and sweet and fresh.  Quite honestly, I'm obsessed with how it smells.  The scent lingers even after styling. Aside from the scent, it leaves my hair soft and silken.  I have fine hair, so I can only use it once or twice a week, and only the smallest amount is necessary, so it lasts a long time.  I concentrate it on my ends and keep it away from my roots, so it doesn't make my hair greasy. Once you have this on you can comb through your hair and it's like cutting butter with a hot knife. [Fiona Apple reference FTW!]

4. Gud from Burt's Bees Orange Petalooza body wash - Orange Petalooza is unlike anything I've ever smelled before.  It's comprised primarily of blood orange and hyacinth. It's definitely a notice me type of scent, one that slaps you right in the face.  It's almost...sharp when you first sniff it.  It never does mellow out.  It's very lively.  I like using it in the morning to wake me up.  Best of all? It is made without parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals, uses organic ingredients when possible, and it's not tested on animals.


Wow, I just realized how scent driven this post is! That covers everything I've been loving this month.  Have you been reaching for a specific bath or body product this month that you just can't get enough of?