Indie eye of the day

Monday, August 13

I'm ashamed to admit I've devolved when it comes to bold eye makeup.  When I first started getting back into makeup I would reach for the most vibrant greens, punchy pinks, the most outrageous oranges.  Now I stick to neutrals.  A lot of it has to do with my bright lip kick, but I've seen plenty of girls rock bold eyes and lips.

Another thing I have been neglecting are my indie mineral eyeshadows.  Realizing indie make up existed opened a whole new world for me.  I have made so many friends by our love of makeup, specifically indie makeup.  But you definitely have to be a smart shopper when it comes to the indie market.  It's akin to a game of mine field. You have to tread carefully.

This weekend I played around with bold eyeshadow shades to see what I could come up with.  I'm not super fond of it, but for someone who hasn't done a bold look in a long time, it's a start.



I used Milani felt tip eyebrow pen for my brows and a NARS eyeshadow primer to start. I used Silk Naturals Chocolate Twinkle as a base.  I placed Fyrinnae Sleepy Hollow all over the lid, and Aromaleigh Athena in the crease.  I deepened Athena by using Aromaleigh Big Bang in the crease and blending upwards.  Lastly, I used Concrete Minerals Wicked as an inner corner highlight and on the brow bone.  I added Sleepy Hollow and Big Bang on my lower lash line and lined with a black eyeliner.  I used one by Covergirl. I finished off with a coat of Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara on my top lashes and that's it!



Blue is a particularly hard shade for me to wear.  I'd never worn Sleepy Hollow, and wanted to see how it looked on me.  It's a brilliant blue, very bold...I'm just not sure I have the proper makeup skills to do it justice.

Do you like the color combination used, or would you have tweaked it?