Review: Milani Shadow Eyez

Tuesday, July 24

Milani was one of the sponsors for the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida meetup.  The meetup was a few months ago, but I am still trying out all of the goodies they provided.

My favorite of all the products has to be the Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hour pencil eyeshadow sticks.  It is a 12 hour pencil that can be used as an eyeshadow or liner.  Milani claims it is creamy smooth, long lasting, water resistant, and crease proof.  It lives up to every claim!




I have oily lids, but I can use this eyeshadow stick without a primer and it will not crease or smudge.  It goes on silky smooth and stays put the entire day.  You can truly get 12 hours of wear out of this product.  Not bad at $6.99 for 2.8grams.

My absolute favorite is Champagne Toast. It is such a beautiful color. I love wearing it alone or as a base to any neutral shadow.  My favorite combinations include using Champagne Toast with Summer Haze by MAC, the Urban Decay Naked (1) palette, or Wet n' Wild Walking on Eggshells trio.  When I am in a rush I take advantage of the stick format and run the shadow stick over the shape of my lid (one swipe gives you full opacity) add eyeliner and call it a day. (See below - it's my go-to way of wearing Champagne Toast.)



If I could have Milani change one thing about this product it would be to increase the shade range.  Six shadow sticks are great to start, but I'm craving more neutrals and maybe some more complex colors as well.

Once I run out of Champagne Toast I will run to the store and buy another, and another, and another.  I'm sold; I'm a lifelong fan of Shadow Eyez.

Do you like your eyeshadow in stick format? Would you try the Milani Shadow Eyez eyeshadow sticks?

product sent for consideration. All opinions my own.