Independence Day, Blog Birthday

Wednesday, July 4

Yowza! On July 4th my little blog turned 1 year old! Not gonna lie, I wish I'd accomplished more blog-wise in a year, but I can always propose to make the next 12 months more fabulous than the last.  I'm still proud...I made it this far!

I was busy spending time with family yesterday - we have two adorable babies in the fam: my niece and great nephew. I try to make it over there when I can to spend time with them. Everyone loves a fat, happy baby (or two!)


These pictures were candid shots from today. They don't do them justice!


I spent the morning baking and finishing up my macaroni salad, so I didn't have time before we had to rush out the door. I threw together this look quickly, opting for the bright red lips as a nod to Independence Day.



Eyes
Milani Shadow Eyez - Champagne Toast
Physician's Formula – Eye Definer

Face
Benefit - The Porefessional balm
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - Medium Sheer Tint
Revlon Colorstay pressed powder - Medium

Cheeks
NARS – Desire
Mac Mineralize SkinFinish – Pink Power

Lips
Milani Haut Flash - Hot Flash

The Milani lipgloss blew me away!  It was so sparkly and the pigmentation is out of this world!!!  It even stayed put throughout lunch.  Color me impressed.


I took more lip photos than full face photos because I was trying to capture how beautiful the gloss is.  


Tomorrow is work as usual, but I really enjoyed the mid-week break we got on Wednesday.  It got plenty of much needed rest.  Did you do anything special on Independence Day? Also...what do you do to celebrate your blog's birthday?