Dupe Alert! Butter London Dupes!

Saturday, July 14

I'm on a no buy right now, but Walgreen's is having a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale on Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color.  My boyfriend graciously offered to buy them for me.  I picked up 405 Coral Reef, 420 Pacific Blue, and, 340 Mint Sorbet.

Today I decided to try Coral Reef.  As I put it on, I thought I had a similar shade in my collection.  I pulled out Butter London Trout Pout.  I swatched one on each finger and decided they were similar but not a dead on duplicate.  I figured since they were similar enough I should try my hand at a gradient manicure.

I wanted one lighter color and then two darker colors.  I chose - NYC In a New York Minute quick dry polish in 267 Peaches N' Cream to go along with Butter London Trout Pout, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef.

For the darker shades I pulled out Revlon Make Mine Mango and Butter London Jaffa.  I quickly swatched Make Mine Mango and Jaffa on the same thumb when I realized... I have a dupe on my hands!!

 
 I swatched all 5 polishes on nail wheels for your review and photographed them in indirect sunlight.

Peaches N' Cream is actually lighter than the photo above depicts.  It reminds me of a creamsicle.  In comparison, Trout Pout leans a bit pinker thank Peaches N' Cream.  Coral Reef slightly deeper and more orange than Trout Pout, but not by much.  They're passable as dupes.  At $2.99, Coral Reef is a much more affordable option than $14 for Butter London...so who cares if they're a shade or two off. 

Make Mine Mango and Jaffa are so similar!  They both lean orange, but not obnoxiously so.  Make Mine Mango is a sheer formula, so you have to build it up with 3-4 coats to get to the opacity of Jaffa.  Once you do, it's hard to tell them apart. Revlon polish retails around $4.99 vs. Butter London at $14.  Knowing these are duplicates, I'd rather purchase Make Mine Mango to Jaffa.

































After I upload this post I'm going to finish my manicure.  I was just so excited I wanted to share my findings. I always get excited when I find duplicates (like my dupe for Deborah Lippmann Some Enchanted Evening & Revlon Sparkling) even though finding dupes means my taste is way too similar, and I need to know my collection better.  I just like finding alternatives to the more expensive polishes out there.

Do you prefer Make Mine Mango or Jaffa?  What about Trout Pout or Coral Reef? Maybe you prefer Peaches N' Cream instead?