5 product face - drugstore

Friday, July 27

As a beauty blogger, I try not to leave the house without some makeup on my face.  I wanted to find a simple routine that can get me out the door quickly.  I wanted something that was no fuss.  I started pawing through my collection and came upon this combination.

What I love most about this look is that I was able to achieve it using five drugstore products from Maybelline and Revlon.  Once I saw most of my look was made using Maybelline, I wanted to do my whole face with it.  However, I don't own a Maybelline finishing powder or lipstick.  I know which finishing powder and lipstick I do want to buy, so maybe I'll buy them and have a full Maybelline drugstore face in another post.

Another favorite thing about this look is that I was able to create it without using any tools.  I only needed my hands to apply the BB Cream, blush, and eyeshadow.

(Apologies for the busy background. I wanted to keep the pretty lace detail of my top in the pictures. :)

Eyes
Maybelline 24 hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadow - Audacious Asphalt

Face
Maybelline dream fresh BB Cream in Medium
Revlon Color Stay Pressed Powder

Cheeks
Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in Plum Wine

Lips
Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in 674 Coralberry


I like that the coverage of the BB cream is not too heavy. It gives you a glowy look without making you look greasy or hiding your skin completely.  I used the Revlon powder to "set" the BB cream so it would stay put longer.  The Dream Bouncy Blush is not overly pigmented, and you can easily blend it out with a finger or two.  Normally I would wear the Maybelline 24 hour Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze, but I wanted to use a color I don't use too often, so I chose Audacious Asphalt.  Lastly, Revlon's Coralberry rounded out my look and have me a sheer, summery, glowy face.

Overall the look is simple, understated, and easy. I'm not winning any awards with this, but it's perfect for the hot and lazy summer days we have an abundance of here.