Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Swatches

Saturday, June 30

Revlon Lip Butters are not new to the market.  In fact, they've been hyped up to death.  I know of at least one person who is cringing at the mere title of this post. ;)  Regardless, I'm still swatching my collection;  I want to give a friend of mine a  point of reference. :)

I like the Revlon Lip Butters because they are moisturizing and do give off a fair amount of pigment.  They are my "grab and go" lip product.  When I'm lounging around the house and have to unexpectedly run an errand, I will slap this on my lips and be on my way.  There's just something about them that is effortless.

My least favorite thing about this product is it's lasting power.  On me, it hardly lasts over an hour.  Reapplication is a necessity.  Since I mostly use this when I'm running a quick errand, it's not a huge issue.  I know if I'm going to be out longer, or have an event to attend, this is not something I will reach for.








The seven shades I own are:
Tutti Fruitti, Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Sugar Plum, Sweet Tart, Lollipop, and Berry Smoothie.













My least favorite shade is Red Velvet.  I find it too vampy for me, especially since I wear these most often during the day.  My favorite is Berry Smoothie.  I find it gives color, but not too much color.  It's also a nice berry shade that is not too dark or too loud, so I can wear it with a lot of different outfits and it doesn't clash.

I tend to think of the Revlon Lip Butters as "starter lipsticks."  They are pretty effortless lipsticks; since they are so moisturizing you tend to think you just have lip balm on your lips.  I think they are most suited to people who don't often wear make up, but want to have something they can wear if they want to go out. 

I think everyone should have at least one Revlon Lip Butter in their collection, although with a selection of 20 shades, it's hard to just choose one. :)

Do you think Revlon Lip Butters live up to the hype?  Are you a fan of Revlon Lip Butters?